1. Opelz G, Mytilineos J, Scherer D et al. Survival of DNA HLA DR typed and matched cadaver kidney transplant. The Collaborative Transplant Study. Lancet 1991; 338: 461–463.
2. Held PJ, Kahan BD, Hunsicker et al. The impact of HLA mismatches on the survival of first cadaveric kidney transplants. N Engl J Med 1994; 331: 765–770.
3. Opelz G, Döhler B. Impact of HLA mismatching on incidence of posttransplant non-hodgkin lymfoma after kidney transplantation. Transplantation 2010; 89: 567–572.
4. Opelz G, Döhler B. Association of mismatches for HLA-DR with incidence of posttransplant hip fracture in kidney transplant recipients. Transplantation 2010; 24 Epub ahead of print.
5. Mancini MJ, Connors AF Jr, Wang XQ et al. HLA matching for simultaneous pankreas-kidney transplantation in the United States: a multivariable analysis of the UNOS data. Clin Nephrol 2002; 57: 27–37.
6. Gruber SA, Katz S, Kaplan B et al. Initial results of solitary pankreas pransplants performed without regard to donor/recipient HLA mismatching. Transplantation 2000; 70: 388–391.
7. Markus BH, Duquesnoy RJ, Blaheta RA et al. Role of HLA antigens in liver transplantation with special reference to cellular imine reaction. Langenbecks Arch Surg 1998; 383: 87–94.
8. Meng XQ, Zhang X, Fan J et al. Detection of human leukocyte antigen compatibility and antibodies in liver transplantation in China. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2009; 8: 141–145.
9. Balan N, Ruppert K, Demetris AJ et al. Long-term outcome of human leukocyte antigen mismatching in liver transplantation: results of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases Liver Transplantation Database. Hepatology 2008; 48: 878–888.
10. Quantz MA, Bennett LE, Meyer DM et al. Does human leukocyte antigen matching influence the outcome of lung transplantation? An analysis of 3 549 lung transplantations. J Heart Lung Transplant 2000; 19: 473–479.
11. Yacoub M, Festenstein H, Doyle P et al. The influence of HLA matching in cardiac allograft recipients receiving cyklosporine and azathioprine. Transplant Proc 1987; 19: 2487–2489.
12. Smith JD, Rose ML, Pomerance A et al. Reduction of cellular rejection and increase in longer-term survival after heart transplantation after HLA-DR matching. Lancet 1995; 346: 1318–1322.
13. Mascaretti L, Poli F, Scalamogna M et al. HLA-DR matching defined by DNA typing in heart transplantation. Transplant Proc 1997; 29: 1464–1466.
14. Sheldon S, Hasleton PS, Yonan NA et al. Rejection in heart transplantation strongly correlates with HLA-DR antigen mismatch. Transplantation 1994; 58: 719–722.
15. Taylor CJ, Smith SI, Sharples LD et al. Human leukocyte antigen compatibility in heart transplantation: evidence for a differential role of HLA matching on short-and medium-term patient survival. Transplantation 1997; 63: 1346–1351.
16. Opelz G, Wujciak T, Döhler B et al. HLA compatibility and organ transplant survival. Collaborative Transplant Study. Rev Immunogenet 1999; 1: 334–342.